Applied Data Science Partners (ADSP) is an innovative data science and AI consultancy based in London. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Associate Data Engineer to join us, working from anywhere in the UK.
If you enjoy seeing your work used as part of ‘real-life’ solutions, this is the perfect role for you. Not only will your work directly contribute to our client deliverables, but you will have the opportunity to see the process through from solution design to deployment, working in close collaboration with our wider team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts.
We're looking for someone with a personable nature who can unlock significant value for our clients through world-class data engineering.
We look after your personal development with a £1,000 training budget to be spent at your discretion and keep healthy with regular Pilates sessions.
In short, you'll form an integral part of our close-knit team and will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the continued success of the business. We're looking for someone with a co-operative, can-do attitude who can support building high-quality data science solutions.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you!
Working closely with Data Engineer Consultants and Data Science Consultants, the key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures (e.g. databases and codebases that process data)
• Ensure architectures support business requirements
• Discover opportunities for data acquisition, either internally within client organisations or through third-party APIs
• Work alongside data scientists to develop and maintain productionised code
• Marry systems together through automated scripting, using tools such as Azure Data Factory and Airflow
• Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
• A numerate degree
• SQL & Python, both to a high level of proficiency
• Querying and managing relational databases (SQL Server, Postgres)
• Good understanding of cloud deployment (e.g. AWS, Azure)
• Linux scripting (e.g. bash)
• Version controlling code (e.g. Git)
• Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• An eye for detail and a love of puzzle solving
• Experience with any of the following: Airflow, Neo4J, Django, Tableau, PowerBI, PySpark, Docker
• Experience in Data Science (e.g. machine learning, statistics, data visualisation)
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org