Applied Data Science is a consultancy based in Old Street, London, providing bespoke data science and analytics solutions for clients.
If you enjoy seeing your work deployed into ‘real-life’ applications, this is the perfect role for you. Not only will you directly contribute to our client deliverables, but you will have the opportunity to experiment with a range of cutting-edge techniques and deliver full-stack data science projects, from solution design to deployment.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Scientist to join us.
We are looking for a someone who is able to contribute to all stages of our data science projects, from scoping to deployment. The perfect candidate will enjoy day-to-day data science problem-solving as well as interacting closely with customers.
This is a customer facing role, so we’re looking for someone who is comfortable speaking with clients about data science and can translate business problems into data solutions.
• Excellent scripting and programming ability in Python / R
• 3-5 years’ experience in customer facing data science roles
• The ability to own client deliverables and relationships
• Experienced in applying a range of supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (e.g. xgboost, regression, k-means clustering)
• Good knowledge of statistical techniques (e.g. time series modelling, distributions, probability)
• SQL and experience with databases (SQL Server, Postgres etc)
• Numerate degree
• Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn new techniques
• An eye for detail
• A love of puzzle solving
• Masters / PhD in a numerate degree
• Practical knowledge of deep learning using Keras / Tensorflow
• Experience with Power BI / D3.js
• Experience with NoSQL databases / Hadoop
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• All-round technical awareness of working with APIs