Applied Data Science Partners (ADSP) is an innovative data science and AI consultancy based in London. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Data Scientist to join us, working from anywhere in the UK.
If you enjoy seeing your work used as part of ‘real-life’ solutions, this is the perfect role for you. Not only will your work directly contribute to our client deliverables, but you will have the opportunity to see the process through from solution design to deployment, working in close collaboration with our wider team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts.
We're looking for someone with a personable nature who can unlock significant value for our clients through world-class data science.
We look after your personal development with a £1,000 training budget to be spent at your discretion and keep healthy with regular Pilates sessions.
In short, you'll form an integral part of our close-knit team and will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the continued success of the business. We're looking for someone with a co-operative, can-do attitude who can build high-quality data science solutions.
If this sounds like you, we can't wait to meet you!
As a Data Scientist you will:
• Work closely with clients to build state-of-the-art data science solutions (understand business briefs and translate them into data driven solutions, using a variety of data science techniques)
• Train and deploy machine learning models (selecting features, building and optimising classifiers using machine learning techniques, monitor and interpret model accuracy statistics)
• Build processes for extracting, cleaning and transforming data (and extend clients’ data with external sources of information, through open source APIs)
• Mine data for insights (using Python + Jupyter notebooks)
• Present insights and predictions in live dashboards (using Tableau / PowerBI)
• Present back findings to clients through written documentation, calls and presentations (well documented code / technical and non-technical solution summaries)
• Adopt modern data science best-practice (e.g. Git / Docker / cloud deployment)
• A numerate degree
• Excellent scripting and programming ability in Python
• 3-5 years’ experience in customer facing data science roles
• The ability to own client deliverables and relationships
• Experienced in applying a range of machine learning and statistical techniques (e.g. XGBoost, regression, decision trees)
• SQL and experience with databases (SQL Server, Postgres etc)
• Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn new techniques
• An eye for detail
• A love of puzzle solving
• Experience with Docker
• Experience with Neo4J
• Experienced in data visualisation (e.g., in Power BI / Tableau)
• Experience with Microsoft Azure / AWS
• Practical knowledge of deep learning using Keras / Tensorflow
• All-round technical awareness of working with APIs
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org